Monday 26 December 2016

Bulls - Palmerston North, Brian/Paula (42km)

Luke bought croissants and orange juice at the shops yesterday so we had our usual breakfast plus the extras as a bonus. 


Olli's back was playing him up so he decided to hitch straight to Palmerston North while the rest of us thought we'd brave the road... again. 


There is not much to say about the route since it was entirely road - we stopped for a cold drink in a town called Fielding which was about 20km in. Renee was limping with dodgy feet due to new shoes and a bit of a sore knee, and I had blisters all over; one on the bottom of each heel, two on my little toe, and one in between my big and second toe. Luke was feeling fine and dandy of course! 


We lingered in the cafe until I made my decision - I don't want to walk on highway for another 20km, so why should I? 


Renee looked at me and agreed there was no point in suffering for the matter of 20km when the detours we've done here and there so far amount to far more than that anyway! 


We gathered our bags and hobbled to the side of the road where we hitched with a nice lady into the centre of Palmerston North. We did a bit of shopping and then walked to meet Olli who had Already arrived with our trail angels for the night- Brian and Paula. They had water on the table for us and showed us to our bedrooms.. yes, bedrooms! 


We had showers and Luke, who decided to brave the walk from Fielding to Palmerston North alone, eventually caught us up. The four of us went back into town and ate in a place called 'Turkish Delight.' I had a mixed meat Eskender with salad and rice which was delicious! 


We arrived back to Brian and Paula's about 9ish and got straight into our bed - no tents required! 

No comments:

Post a Comment