Saturday 3 December 2016

Ngaherenga DOC site - Bog Inn (16km)

We woke up to our seventh day of rain this morning. Wet tent, wet bags, wet wet wet. 


Disappointed that our second Mountain would have just as rubbish views as our first thanks to the low clouds not budging all day, we were thankful for the 18km of bike track known as the Timber Trail that meant our feet stayed dry and our walk was nice and easy all the way to Bog Inn hut. 


Bog Inn hut is notorious for being one of the oldest and shoddiest of the huts we visit on trail but I think I have to disagree. It may be one of the older ones (built 1960) but it is a little wooden building with a big fireplace with space to dry out your socks and a book with all the visitors names in... it's so lovely but I am currently waiting for them to light the fire since I'm sat in my leggings, trousers, big socks, fleece, coat AND I'm inside my sleeping bag freezing my toes off!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment